Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Road to Santa Fe

Road to Santa Fe
30x30 Oil
This is my first palette knife painting but it certainly won't be my last. The reference I was using contained some adobes in Santa Fe. The colors and textures of the southwest lent itself so well to the use of the palette knife. In this painting I wanted to convey the festive shapes and colors of the architecture not a tight rendition of adobes which my background in architectural illustration makes me want to do. 
I am traditionally a thin painter when it comes to paint application. So this was a very freeing experience for me. This canvas has tons of paint on it! Palette knife painter Laurie Justus Pace presented a workshop over the weekend which I attended and had a wonderful day. Stay tuned I am a palette knife convert.Thanks for viewing my blog. For purchasing information please contact me. Prints will be available at fineartamerica.com , http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/donna+page/all

No comments:

Post a Comment