Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rockfall

Rockfall
14 x 36 Pastel
This painting was inspired from a photo taken at a national park outside of Banff, Canada. The river ran at the bottom of a deep gorge that had been eroded over thousands of years. The  walk along the gorge inspired me to try to capture all the wonderful textures and depths I perceived along the way. If you count there are six different depth of field within the painting. The illusion of 3-D fascinates me and is something ever present in my work. With this painting the idea of high contrast and dark against light, light against dark is applied back and forth. I love the way the darks draw the eye into the picture and controls the eye. Thank-you for viewing my blog. Prints of this painting are available at FineArtAmerica.com , http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/donna+page/all,

No comments:

Post a Comment