Monday, July 15, 2013

Evening Iris

Evening Iris
20x30- Oil Painting
In this painting I am continuing my series of still life florals depicting moonlit and flowers at dusk.
My paintings of the night blooming cereus flower initiated my interest in flowers blooming in evening and night. The night blooming cereus only blooms at night and often goes unseen because one must be outside and looking for it in the late evening to ever catch a glimpse of the cactus plant blooming. The idea of the luminous white petals against a night sky and the silvery tones it creates captivate me. I am inspired by the works of many of the early storybook illustrators such as Maxfield Parrish (A Golden Treasury of Songs and Lyrics) and Kay Nielsen (East of the Sun, West of the Moon) to name a few.
Thanks for viewing my blog. For purchasing information please contact me @ donnapagefineart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment