Saturday, July 20, 2013

Bluebonnet

Bluebonnet
20x36 Acrylic
In keeping with the wildflower theme I wanted to paint a Bluebonnet. These wildflowers are certainly dramatic when the fields along Texas highways are blanketed with their intense blue in early spring. However, I have seen very few paintings that show the unique beauty of an individual bloom presented at eye level. I venture to say few lover's of wildflowers have ever actually looked at a bluebonnet. The blooms have so many delicate nuances of color that I find them fascinating. In my painting I really wanted one to feel as though they were a bee honing in on one bloom in a field of blooms! Thanks for viewing my blog. For purchasing print information please go to FineArtAmerica.comhttp://fineartamerica.com/art/all/donna+page/all

No comments:

Post a Comment