Thursday, August 22, 2013

Vintage Sky

Vintage Sky
10x10 Encaustic
I wanted to share this encaustic, I had dabbled in this medium and enjoyed it immensely, but ultimately went back to my first love of painting. I thought my online audience would enjoy seeing these endeavors so I will be occasionally posting the various works that I created. This particular creation was an experimentation with india inks as a line drawing of branches and sky. The organic qualities of working with beeswax is very conducive because the smells and textures are so calming and relaxing. I tried this meduim because painting in mixed media is my first love so I wanted to have this skill at hand. I have been able to apply these lessons to a variety of different mixed media paintings that I have done. Thanks for viewing my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment