Friday, August 2, 2013

Magnolia

Magnolia
8x8 Acrylic
The  magnolia flowers  white  petals are so fleshy  and reflective. They create the most beautiful myriad of shadows in their convex and concave sculptural shapes. The deep, lush, leathery, forest green foliage is also very sculptural in its forms. I wanted to create a play with abstraction of form against the realistic rendition of the flower. When I painted this piece I was thinking of the feeling I get when I see the first magnolias of spring and the smell of their indescribable soft scent is anticipated. I hope when you view this painting  you can appreciate the dappling of sunlight on the petals that I intended. Prints of this painting are available at fineartamerica.com http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/donna+page/all, Thanks for viewing my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment